The 1st trimester of pregnancy can be a difficult time for many women. Although there is certainly overflowing joy that accompanies those telltale pink lines, there’s nothing quite like the sheer exhaustion of creating a human being.
It can be lonely – especially if you spend hours on the bathroom floor, laying prostrate in bed, and/or caring for other small children.
To celebrate the 5th pregnancy of one of my friends, I put together a small 1st trimester survival kit.
- Altoids – Sucking on mints can sometimes take the edge off nausea.
- Gingerman Cookies – Ginger is supposed to help too.
- Sour Patch Kids – Same goes for sour candies.
- Flavored Sparkling Water – Ordinarily, water is my favorite beverage, but I had a hard time getting it down for the 1st trimester. Perhaps other women have the same experience?
- Mini Notepad – This “Feel Good” flip-up notebook by Compendium offers a hopeful + powerful message.
- Homemade Peppermint Chapstick – Made by a crafty friend from Flagstaff.
Morning sickness or not, these are all items that a mother-to-be can make use of. Most of all, I just wanted my friend to know that I was thinking of her and happy for her expanding family.
What would you add to a 1st trimester survival kit?