Someday, when we settle down again -
I'd like to live in a city where...
- home birth is legal
- homeschooling is alive and well
- or there are innovative educational models available
- the library, the park, & the grocer are within a 5-mile radius of my house
- there is a thriving university or liberal arts college
- GOOD produce is available - fresh + juicy + organic
- there are bakeries that actually know how to make scones & shortbread
- people stop and say hello when you are walking by
- I have close friends who live next door and down the street
- extra wide sidewalks weave throughout the town, inviting runners and walkers
- there are big trees with wide trunks and overhanging branches
- there are mountains, grand and glorious
- there are scenic places for Tim to bike
- and impressive hiking trails nearby
- the crime rate is low
- cleanliness is a virtue
- entrepreneurship is at a high
- technology is an important part of business life
- the economy is thriving
- almost everyone volunteers regularly
- the houses are minimalist and unique (with front porches)
- stay-at-home parents are rock stars (not literally)
- kids are celebrated and welcomed
- people are bilingual (or multilingual)
- taxes are low
- the humidity is minimum
- the mosquitos don't bite
- the winters are mild
I took the free survey at FindYourSpot.com and my top 3 cities are (1) Asheville, NC, (2) Bloomington, IN, and (3) Olympia, WA - in that order. I know it's probably not super accurate, but now I DO want to visit those cities.
Do you think my dream city exists? If so, where do you think it is? What would YOUR dream town be like?
I am in no way associated with FindYourSpot.com. I just think it's fun. Fair warning - you do have to provide contact info to get your results. If you take the survey, please share your top 3 cities!